Friday, June 1, 2012

Where Morning Glories Grew




The old cedar fence
Was standing all askew
Falling down in neglect
To me it was brand new

Grasses held the aged wood
Green and yellow in hue
Only beauty caught my eye
Tears ran like dawns first dew

Then i remembered why i came
My only thought was of You
I wanted to see the house
Where the morning glories grew

It ran along the porch rails
Climbed the creaky old swing
Then tumbled upon the roof
To grow as it learned to cling


Similar the color placed in jest
They mocked You as my King
It was the blush of my inheritance
The Blood took away the sting


Few can match the wonder
Of this Vine in full bloom
Like You with arms out stretched
My Morning, My Glory, My Groom


Judy L Wilson
May 31, 2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED






No comments:

Post a Comment