Thursday, March 17, 2011

Closer Still


The years are going from my life
Had I learned anything from youth
Or was it hardship to gain wisdom
Standing on the Word, God’s Truth

Would I have learned to hold Jesus
If I had sailed and played in the breeze
Laughed and gave no thought to heaven
Never learning anything in rough seas

Weep and grow as son’s and daughters
You will know when you have peace
He will give you joy and hope unending
His love will only touch and never cease

Hold on in your sorrow and turmoil
He will always leave an open gate
To walk into His garden of surrender
Wait upon Him, because He is never late

Holding Jesus, O’ Holding Jesus,
No matter what comes in your day
Hold Him close, even closer still
He is our life,the Truth and the Way

Judy L Wilson
Jan 31, 2011
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Judy :-)
    This is just beautiful. I know you can not write this unless you have or are living it.

    "Would I have learned to hold Jesus
    If I had sailed and played in the breeze
    Laughed and gave no thought to heaven
    Never learning anything in rough seas"

    I too believe this wholeheartedly and I also believe that is the way He has to take each of us as we need to learn that we can do nothing independently of Him. The pain is in the dying of our dependence on ourselves, to become fully dependent on Him for anything and everything.

    I praise the Lord for His life in you and the way in which He has given you to express it in your poetry.

    I would love to, with your kind permission, be able to use this as a post on my own Christian blog. I have taken a photograph that this would perfectly go with and I will put a link to your blog so that others may also read your writings. Should you decide not to give me permission, that is also really fine, I am glad I came across your site anyway and will return to read more of your poems as I too write and love poetry.

    Bless you.
    Steph :-D

    ReplyDelete