Friday, June 4, 2010

In His Keep

I dreamed of a table set before me
beautiful crystal and wedding fare
Gleaming gold and polished silver
Regal and placed with loving care

The finest of white linen lay below
Crimson bottles of the richest wine
The purest water from deepest wells
Someone special was coming to dine

The scene was set, befitting a King
Fragrance of longing filled the air
Anticipation needed the Door open
Knowing I would worship Him there

He was the Bread that I would eat
And I knew I would sit at His table
Drink the wine from His own hand
Partake of the truth and not a fable

Grateful for His love and sacrifice
I was drawn downward to His feet
Laying there humble and in devotion
Knowing I was saved and in His Keep

Judy L Wilson
June/4/2010
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

  1. Judy, In His Keep, is a beautifully written piece. You are a very talented and gifted woman.
    May our Lord continue to use you.
    Blessings, Kurt Hardy

    ReplyDelete